Saturday, May 17, 2014

A day late

Good news is upon us, by us, I mean you and me. I’ve finally succumbed to purchasing a new computing machine. It’s all set up and I’m now just waiting for the Office program to be delivered to my home so I can upload it and begin the never ending journey of torturing not just the machine but you, my dear reader, with all my drabble, my stories and my insights.  It’s something I just have to do and I can’t help it. So I thank you in advance for putting up with me and my ramblings.
            Speaking of which, I’m curious, I’ve been thinking of actually starting another serial from my childhood. The only issue is I have a ton of tales I could go with and I’m just not sure which one to pick. I do enjoy writing these serials. They offer me insight as to who I am now and how I actually got here. Some retrospective soul searching of a young man who at the time of the events in question had little cares and worries about where he would eventually end up in life.
            I suppose you could say that is true for most kids and teenagers. I mean seriously, when we are young do we ever really think about our future? What sort of repercussions our actions will have in our lives? I don’t think so. After all, I can’t count how many times I heard my mother, father, stepmother and stepfather say, scream, yell and frustratingly mumble to me “Think before your act.”, “think about your actions.” “think about what you’re doing.” Et cetera et cetera.
            And unlike the fading eye sight of the aged human and the blurred vision we all end up having, hindsight always becomes much clearer.  Which is why I’m considering doing another serial, because I know my hindsight is a bit clearer than my foresight will ever be. Also, I have numerous things to write about and while writing those childhood tales, it helps me focus on my other writings.
            So, what do you think? Do you want another tale of teenage insanity, debauchery and anarchy? Or, do you just want my weekly drivel?


            Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment