Friday, November 30, 2012

The Next Big Thing (Skip Style)


                Hello once again, I know I’ve already placed a blog this week so consider this one icing on the cake.  And, if you don’t like what I write here I highly suggest you go to Taerb.blogspot.com and leave a scathing, well worded and hateful message for my buddy Tom who asked me to be a part of this “Next Big Thing” blog chain letter. Also, I am supposed to try and recruit up to five writers who have blogs to also participate, so, if you are a writer who has a blog and have not participated in this endeavor… feel free to copy and paste and credit me.

                Now, on with the show!

What is the working title of your book? Bastard… and this title is strictly working.  There is a one-hundred and seventeen percent chance I may or may not change it.

                Where did the idea come from for the book? A real life, first hand event which I’ve written into the story, well except for the part about the Marine Biologist who meets a Merman Magician and the two of them discover the cure for every disease on the planet, but then lose the cure-all-formula in a drunken celebration in a Tijuana, Mexico whore house.

                What genre does your book fall under? That’s tough, I suppose it’s a coming of age, murder mystery, horror-comedy.

                Which actors would you choose to play characters from your book in a movie rendition? Scrags… hmm, I suppose Sam Elliot. Chuck… Damien Lewis.  Wolfgang… John Goodman… Peggy the Toothless Whore… Barbara Streisand. Susan…Kaley Cuoco. Kevin Gavin… Jim Parsons. Mary Gavin… Sally Fields.  As for the rest of the cast… I’ve already given this question too much thought.

                Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? No clue right now, I’m in the middle of writing the first draft and I don’t know how long this story is going to be.

                How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Read the answer to the last question.

                What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? No clue… Um, I suppose Dead Zone meets Green Eggs and Ham meets Are you there God, It’s me Margaret.

                Who or what inspired you to write this book? A real life event… duh. I think I already answered this question. As for the person(s) who’ve urged me to write… my Family, friends, perfect strangers, some hot chicks in the barnyard, oh, and this really cool guy who offered to polish my car for six dollars and twenty-three cents.

                What else about your book might pique the readers’ interest? Some really cool things happen to the characters in the story. Oh,  and some people who’ve pissed me off in real life are killed, maimed, murdered, fall in love, lose hope, become cynical, find salvation and meet the Flintstones.

                (Ok, so there may be some sarcasm written in this blog, but ya know, I know You, yes, you, the one sitting there reading this right now, will completely understand. If you don’t get the sarcasm… I’m sorry, but that just means this is going to be one hell of a book!)

                Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment