Wednesday, June 6, 2018

PNC going Bankrupt?

Is PNC BANK going Bankrupt?


Six year ago my wife suffered a series of six strokes in less then one week. She became paralyzed and was put on disability. This was financial hit for us but we managed to survive. Then the disability checks stopped and we were unable to pay all of our bills. So I called all of our creditors and explained our situation.

None of them wanted to hear about our plight. What "assistance" they offered was really no assistance at all, just lip service and 800 numbers to non-existent voice mail farms. After three weeks of calling these places I gave up on trying to find help from them and decided to concentrate on keeping my house, the power for the house, the water for the house and the food for my family. Gone was the cable, the internet, the air conditioning in the summer, the very comforting warmth in the winter and any outing for any reason for anything. We became prisoners of our house.

We also fell behind in our mortgage.

We almost lost our house.

But, I worked. I worked hard. And my wife went back to work. And we managed to get caught up on all our primary bills. We got managed to get our life back to a semblance of normalcy.

Through all of this I received phone calls from PNC bank about my mortgage payments and I never veered off of what had happened. I told the story of my wife and her strokes and of her paralysis. Of having to take care of her, the never ending pile of medical bills, of being sued by credit card companies, of having my power turned off, of having my water tuned off, of working two and sometimes three jobs just to try and make enough money to make money to feed my family and make money to pay the mortgage.

Their response, "Well, we've reviewed your hardship papers and you don't qualify for hardship, so when do you think you'll be able to make your payment for XXXXXXX dollars to make your account current"?

It's as if they are the modern mafia. Only more polite.

Of course they have to be polite, because all of their calls are recorded. They tell you this at the beginning of each and every call. 

Now, to be honest, I'm am currently all caught up on my mortgage. I have been for months. Yet I continue to get the phone calls from them. For example, not two days ago I received a phone call from them asking me when they will receive my current payment. This disturbed me because like most people these days, I pay my bills online and I paid my mortgage on the first of the month.

I went to my bank website, went to the pay bill page and transferred the money and even received the confirmation code and an email with all the information. So, when the young lady called me on the fifth of June questioning me when PNC bank would receive my payment and stating that my payment was late I became concerned. So, as a concerned payee, I brought up my account on my computer and saw my bank had in fact sent the payment out, on the fourth. I offered the PNC rep my confirmation number, she refused.

In the past, I've tried to be joyful, I've tried to be comedic, I've tried to be disassociated and I've tried to be compassionate, today I was just angry.

You see, I'm not behind on my mortgage, by any means. PNC bank has nothing to worry about by missing the transfer of ones and zeros from my bank to theirs. That is, unless... they need the money more than they are letting on... which means they are desperate... which means... they need the money more than they want us to know which means they are...

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment