Friday, May 17, 2013

Rejuvinations





                It has been a long and arduous week for me. I’ve traveled over thirteen hundred miles, saw some family I haven’t seen in quite some time and when I got home, I got sick. So sick that I ended up in bed for two days straight, I slept most of that time and had some very odd dreams. Dreams I won’t go into right now because I know it will reveal more of me than I want to reveal. But I will say that when I awoke from my stupor the bags that have been accumulating under my eyes for the past year, had receded only leaving a slight discoloration in the skin around my eyes. I had missed two shifts at my primary job and one at my secondary job and I was still tired, congested and groggy. Yet I felt a lot better than I had in a while. So today, Friday, I got up and went to work, I lasted a half a day.
                By noon, my coughing had increased and the achiness in my joints was becoming unbearable. I was afraid that if I stayed at work much longer I would not be able to ride Bernadette home. So I left early and came home. Climbed into bed and tried to sleep. It didn’t work. I tossed and turned for ninety minutes before I grabbed my computer and decided to write a blog for you.
                This blog really won’t be much to read, I do have to say that the story I wrote and sold on spec for an anthology to be released in June has been now cancelled. It appears there was some sort of issue with the publisher that I won’t go into here. Needless to say, I’m not happy about it but it does afford me one more finished story to submit somewhere else at a later date. Which brings me to my current work in progress, it is now officially novella length and almost complete. I figure I have about two thousand more words left to wrap it all up and then it is off to the pre-readers and editors for the red pen desecration. This story has no home and was not written for a submission. It was written for me to put to rest some things in my past. It most likely will never find a home but that is ok with me too. I’m happy to have just been able to write it.
                As for my trip north, I think I covered it in my last blog but I have to say I did manage to get some rare, quality, one on one time with my mother. It has been years since we have been able to sit down uninterrupted and talk to each other. Not as Mother to Son or vice versa, but Adult to Adult and it felt good. Sure we rehashed old thoughts and feelings but other insights were divulged as well and that makes me feel good. It also makes the entire crazy assed trip worth it. Sickness and all.
                So, while I sit here, trying to regain my healthy status, I am filled with warm thoughts and memories of a week filled with ups and downs.

                Have a great week.

1 comment: