Friday, February 3, 2012

Thank God January is OVER!


I have just woken up from a hibernation of over fourteen hours. It seems my body has decided to take a much needed rest after being abused physically, mentally and emotionally for the past month. But, if I were truly honest I believe I would have to say that the abuse has gone on much longer than a month. Yes, I know I had a very nice family vacation in our Nations capitol over the winter break; a vacation that was filled with visiting some very important places and reflecting on some major events in our countries history.

At the end of those days we spent hours in a refreshing hot tub soaking our weary muscles only to be followed up with watching mindless television so our brains could rest as well. But did we truly get the rest we needed? Maybe… maybe not. If what has just happened to me is any indication of the type of rest which is needed for one human system then I say we did not get the type of break from life our bodies have cried out for. Of course, I could be wrong and it is just my system that needed to be rebooted.

I guess I should explain a few things first so that you might understand what has been going on a bit better.

January can suck it!

It was one hell of a month for me. I lost a family member, whose funeral I did not attend. Another family member of mine is in the hospital for an undetermined amount of time. And both family vehicles have been nothing but a constant source of heartburn and headaches. I’ve been injured, wounded and abused mentally, physically and emotionally. I seem to have spent more time than a doctor at various medical facilities in the greater Hampton Roads area and I just can’t seem to get motivated to write anything of substance.

On numerous occasions I have been overheard saying “I can’t wait for 2012 to be over with, bring on 2013.” And now that it is February, I still feel the same way.

Of course, I am positive that this year will be like most years. Filled with highs and lows with very few plateaus of stability, this is the way of life. It is today and it was yesterday. Our lives on this mudball seem to rarely be on an even keel. If they were, well, I believe we would end up killing each other just for excitement. Hmmm, just had a thought, maybe the reason for all the idiotic television shows that are broadcast into our homes are so we as a human race will feel better about either NOT having enough drama in our lives, OR having too much drama in our lives. (Yup, I’m going to have to think on that hypothesis for a while)

Well, I am going to sign off for now, this is supposed to be a quick update on what has been going on in my mixed up existence here in the heart of the South. I am supposed to go see a nice jazz concert tonight, which I have been looking forward to for several months.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment