Monday, May 2, 2011

Update May


It’s been a crazy week here in the Heart of the South. Full of ups and downs, ins and outs and, well… if you’re a believer in Karma… equality and balance in life.

UP SIDE

The cover art for a book one of my stories is in was released. The artwork is amazing and the writers’ line-up is incredible. I am honored to have my name included with these writers.

Work at the museum is going great, we are looking to open up by the end of May, and we have been steadily moving offices, collections and exhibits into the expanded digs every day.

The new uniform shirts at my part time job seem to be a big success. No more tuxedo shirts, this is a good thing.

Finished a short story and sent it out to my Pre-readers (YES! I KNOW I NEED TO USE THE APPOSTROPHY MORE), and they all liked the tale and want more. I don’t know what to make of that aspect.

I caught up on some decent television, Thank you HBO, and I even saw a movie I’ve been waiting to see for years. Atlas Shrugged, (Go see this film NOW)

DOWN SIDE

Too much work and too little time with family.

I had to answer for someone else’s inactions.

A distance between me and an adversary grew and peace was not made.

My craving for solitude grew and I embraced it with open arms.

The longing for seeing my friends, however briefly, grew. ( I know, this is in direct opposition of my craving solitude but that is part of the glorious didactic that makes me who I am.)

FYI

Ok, those of you looking for more “Fish Tales” and the ongoing epic tale of our bike build, I shall return with another addition next week… or maybe sooner. I’ve already written most of the next episode and I have to say, I have really enjoyed writing this entire journey of my youth and I ask only for your patience and for you to enjoy the rest of the tale.

Thanks… Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment